Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"How To Lose A Wallet In Ten Days" or "P.S. I Love My Wallet"

Ever heard of the brand Lodis? If not thats okay I hadn't either until my sister showed off her brand new, shiny, light pink Lodis wallet. For me it was love at first sight. It was like a chocolate and peanut butter lovers first taste of Reeses, it was like Toads first glance at a motor car (in Wind in the Willows), it was like... Whoa sorry back to the wallet. Apparently my fascination with my sisters wallet paid off. For my eighteenth birthday I received a bright pink Lodis wallet, I was overjoyed, especially once I figured out how to open it.
If I lost my precious wallet and it was found by you, I wish you luck in opening it, its pretty tricky. You'd probably think some high class person lost such an expensive wallet and expect to find a huge wad of cash and credit cards, but no that bulge is just coins and old receipts that have been piling up.
From my AAA card, an airline checked luggage stub, and my receipts that range from Washington to Iowa, you would assume that I am a well traveled individual. My picture smiles at you from the front of my license across from that my debit card sits temptingly. Would you steal from an eighteen year old organ donor?
There are many things you could never learn about me from my wallet. You'd never know that this "well traveled individual" gets lost when she leaves her hometown, or that those receipts and stubs bring to mind cherished memories of visits with my family. That even if my wallet is never returned everything will be fine because I've learned that material possessions can be replaced, its family relationships that need to be protected.

1 comment:

  1. You lost your wallet! I feel your pain... not to make this about me or anything, but I once had my purse stolen. It was devastating, at the time, I compared it to the kidnapping of a child (this was long before I had children of course). I never got my purse back, but it's only been about 8 or 9 years, I'm still waiting for some good samaritan to return it. Hope you have better luck!

    ReplyDelete